Thursday, February 2, 2012

Global Game Jam 2012


On the weekend I participated in the 48hr Global Game Jam again this year (it is my third one), this time in Atlanta! I'm visiting my bf right now, so I'm hanging out in the US for a few months. I gotta say, it doesn't feel like the February I am used to.

Anyhow, the Atlanta site was huge... there were over 200 people, making it the 2nd largest one in the world. Around 35 games were made. The theme this year was (a picture of) the snake eating it's tail - Ouroboros. For some reason it was a lot harder to think of game ideas for this theme. I teamed up with Jay and our friend Josh from Florida who flew up for the weekend. We brainstormed all friday night, Josh wrote a prototype for one idea... and then Sat. morning we threw everything out and started over. The game we ended up making was "Horizon." It's a 2 player game, where both players depend on eachother in order to keep going.

Blood and stars to maintain the circle:
http://globalgamejam.org/2012/horizon



Anyway it was a lot of fun... I got to make a game again. Keeping busy still... Currently I am working on a short film and doing some freelance animation stuff for a game with Mandy. I also have a good half a sketchbook filled since I got here, but no real way to scan any of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment